Frontline Combo, against infestations with fleas, ticks and/or biting lice, also for prevention of the multiplication of fleas by inhibiting the development of eggs, larvae and pupae originating from eggs laid by adult fleas.
FRONTLINE® Combo for Cats contains; fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene.
FRONTLINE® Combo effectively targets all stages of fleas. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity against fleas, ticks and chewing lice. Frontline Combo helps to prevent the contamination of the environment of treated animals with flea infestation.
FRONTLINE® Combo provides the following;
- Elimination of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) and insecticidal efficacy against new infestations with adult fleas persists for 4 weeks.
- Prevention of the multiplication of fleas by inhibiting the development of eggs (ovicidal activity), larvae and pupae (larvicidal activity) originating from eggs laid by adult fleas for 6 weeks after application.
- Elimination of ticks (Ixodes ricinus, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus). The product has a persistent acaricidal efficacy for up to 2 weeks against ticks.
- Elimination of biting lice (Felicola subrostratus).
- The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
Frontline Combo Spot On can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- Care should be taken to avoid excessive wetting of the hair with the product since this will cause a sticky appearance of hairs at the treatment spot. However, should this occur, it will disappear within 24 hours post application.
- Do not use on sick (systemic diseases, infections…) or convalescent animals.
- Do not use in rabbits, as adverse reactions and even death could occur.
- Do not overdose.
- The product should not be used on kittens less than 8 weeks old and/or weighing less than 1 kg.
In the absence of safety studies, the minimum treatment interval is 4 weeks. It is important to apply Frontline to an area where the animal cannot lick it off, and to make sure that animals do not lick each other after treatment. If licking does occur, a brief period of hypersalivation may be observed, due mainly to the nature of the carrier. Ensure that treated animals do not groom each other after treatment until dry.
Frontline Combo for cats is availble in pack sizes of 3 or 6 pipettes.
To ensure that you read the most up to date information about this product, please check the Ema (www.ema.europa.eu) or VMD's Product Information Database.
Prescription required product - Homeovet Veterinary Clinic prescription service
Manufacturer: Merial Animal Health Ltd
- Part the coat between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible.
- Hold the pipette upright, snap back the tip
- Place the tip of the spot-on pipette on the skin and squeeze gently to empty its contents onto the skin, preferably at two spots, one at the base of the skull and a second 2-3cm's further back.